Ilya Zakharevich on Tue, 14 Jan 2003 15:15:37 -0800

Re: how to include the u_FpM_inv() declaration

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 07:01:10PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:

> > > My fault. That was a bad idea. I am working to fix that.
> >
> > On OS/2 it is quite useful.
>
> The goal was to allow to install both 2.1 and 2.2 along side. This is broken
> because there is only one include/pari directory for both so you can
> have only one set of header file installed in a specific location.

Your are mixing user space and developer's space.  It failed for
developer sub-package, but it is a *must* for the user's sub-package.
Please try to not throw away the baby together with water.

> It is possible to support both runtime environment at the same time, but
> supporting both build environment is not really doable.

I see no problem if I need to -I the older build directories to
develop with the older headers.  IMO, it is much more important to
have several runtime environments easily accessible.

Ilya