Ilya Zakharevich on Fri, 22 Nov 2002 20:31:42 -0800

Re: Patch for install: allow to change prototype

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 10:18:08PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:

> > So isn't it enough to convert the warning to an error?
>
> That was a bad idea. It is a warning, because sometime you put install commands
> at the start of a GP script. If it was an error, you would not be able to
> reload the script a second time after having made some modifications.

Of course one could (using trap()).

So the question is not of power, but of convenience.

BTW, I see no reason to have the warning at all.  How is it different from

 ? f() = 12
 ? f() = 12
 ?

[No warning or anything.]