Bill Allombert on Fri, 8 Nov 2002 14:05:14 +0100

Re: CVS branch gmp-kernel-2-2-5

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 03:43:51PM -0500, Igor Schein wrote:
> 1 more regression:
>
> ? polgalois(x^8+29!);
>   ***   bug in GP (Floating Point Exception), please report

It should be fixed in the CVS. I have add a new kernel interface
isqrti, so that the gmp kernel can use mpn_sqrtrem.

> It passes the rest of my tests, so I say it's a pretty good initial
> release, Bill!

That's strange. For each /*HACK*/ in the source code, there is a potential
for a bug. So far only one has been found (in mppgcd) but with the new
gcdii interface it is fixed.