Michael Somos on Mon, 26 Aug 2002 19:45:17 -0400

Re: gp + readline + script = mess

pari-dev,

Igor Schein asked :

> I don't see why one would prefer unix script(1) over gp's native \l
> logging capability.  Alternatively, you can 'gp |& tee <filename>'.

and he has two good alternatives that do almost what I want and have
come to expect from my use of 'script'. I am happy that he finds them
to his liking, however, I think I have good reasons to expect that
readline should behave reasonably like it used to. If this is regarded
as a personal matter, then so be it. For testing purposes, at least, I
am going to have to disable readline if it can't behave. Shalom, Michael