Olivier Ramare on Wed, 03 Jul 2002 14:46:29 +0000

[gpdoc] algorithms

Ilya Zakharevich a écrit :
> Why references only?  IMO, all the algorithms should be at least
> hinted at (a paragraph or two).  Having an alphabet soup of last names
> does not help after the number of names to remember exceeds some
> limit...

I agree. As far as the description stays within sensible limits.
But I meant references to articles, books where the algorithm is
studied. And in case the algorithm is *not* in the litterature,
either document it fully (how the error bounds are computed ...),
either write a paper and submit it -- I'll see where later.

Olivier