Nils Skoruppa on Sun, 15 Oct 2000 12:13:09 +0200

Boo-boos in doc

Cher Karim,

I am just spending this weekend to generate an html
documentation of the gp/pari functions (since I need
it for a class on gp). It seems that I found a few bugs
in the pari documentation system (see below).

I shall put the html doc (and the perl script generating it)
tomorrow or so in the net
for collecting critics and proposals for improvement.

Bon weekend,
---Nils
Some boo-boos related to the gp/pari documentation system:

try gphelp -raw "%" : % has non closed @[startcode]
--

menu number of several functions (in init.c) does not match
the section number in usersch3.tex.

comparing init.c: entree functions_basic[] to tdoc   ...
        search for Qfb in tdoc section 2:  FAILED
        search for dirmul in tdoc section 7:  FAILED
        search for I in tdoc section 2:  FAILED
        search for polsubcyclo in tdoc section 6:  FAILED
        search for matrix in tdoc section 8:  FAILED
        search for dirdiv in tdoc section 7:  FAILED
        search for vector in tdoc section 8:  FAILED
        search for direuler in tdoc section 7:  FAILED
        search for lex in tdoc section 2:  FAILED
        search for polcoeff in tdoc section 2:  FAILED
        search for ffinit in tdoc section 4:  FAILED
        search for min in tdoc section 1:  FAILED
        search for vectorv in tdoc section 8:  FAILED
           ... 13 functions  FAILED

E.G.
Qfb has menu=2 and is in usersch3.tex: section 4 "Arithmetic functions",
matrix has menu=8 and is in
usersch3.tex: section 9 "Sums, products, integrals and similar functions"
etc.