Alessandro Languasco on Thu, 20 Jun 2024 09:00:41 +0200

Re: Installing pari/gp on Mac from source

Dear All.

to install pari/gp, and gp2c, on a recent mac I found that a better path,
after having Xcode updated to the most recent version, is
to install homebrew first

and then install the missing packages that the Configure
step in pari/gp compilation process require.

For sure one needs

gcc, gmp, readline, bison …

and maybe others that I do not recall
(I do not change machine so often that
I have to re-start the whole procedure
from scratch, and, unfortunately I did not write it down
the whole procedure).

The command is something like

brew install gcc gmp readline

Then one re-run ./Configure and see if there
is some other packages that are missing.
There might be some linking problem to solve
at this point.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
Alessandro