James Rickards on Wed, 18 Jan 2023 03:08:53 +0100

Re: Plane geometry in PARI

Dear Aurel,

Thanks for the info! I will look into interfacing with one of those libraries then.
Yes, I did mean "3d geometry"; my brain interpreted "plane geometry" as geometry involving planes for some reason.

Best,
James

From: Aurel Page <aurel.page@normalesup.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 2:57 PM
To: James Rickards <James.Rickards@colorado.edu>; pari-users@pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr <pari-users@pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr>
Subject: Re: Plane geometry in PARI

Hi James,

I don't know of any. But there are many C (or C++) libraries that implement computational geometry, which you would then need to interface with Pari. Note that your two problems are essentially equivalent (by duality).

You wrote "plane geometry" and "R^3". You really meant 3d, not 2d, right?

Best,
Aurel