Max Alekseyev on Thu, 01 Sep 2022 22:20:06 +0200

Re: all divisors of a cyclotomic integer

Dear Bill,

Thanks to your help, I was able to settled down this question: https://mathoverflow.net/q/421510

I also have another application in mind, which however additionally requires finding all cyclotomic integers of bounded height that are associated with a given one.
I asked how to solve this efficiently at https://mathoverflow.net/q/429289 with no success yet.

Regards,
Max

On Thu, Sep 1, 2022 at 3:26 PM Bill Allombert <Bill.Allombert@math.u-bordeaux.fr> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 01, 2022 at 07:35:58AM -0400, Max Alekseyev wrote:
> Dear Bill,
>
> Thank you for checking this. I somehow messed up conversion into
> polynomials, which worked for small examples but not large ones.
> On a related note, would it make sense to provide fordiv / divisors
> functions for number fields?

We could add a function idealdivisors that returns the list of divisors of
an ideal, but there seems little use for that.

What is your applications ? Number field elements have usually an infinite
number of divisors due to units.

Cheers,
Bill