Melanka Saroad Wedige on Wed, 17 Aug 2022 00:55:50 +0200

S-units algorithm in Pari.

Hi,

I am doing some experiments on S-units for a given set S of primes in an imaginary quadratic extension. I am using the bnfsunit function in Pari/Gp to find a basis for the S-units. For my experiments, it is important to understand the recipe for generating that certain basis (output by bnfsunit), and under what criteria the basis elements are ordered. So I am interested in finding out the S-unit algorithm implemented in Pari. May I know what algorithm is implemented in it? Any reference to it?

Also, is there any other algorithm that specifically addresses this problem for (imaginary) quadratic extensions? If yes, is it implemented in Pari?

Thank you.

Regards,
Melanka