Melanka Saroad Wedige on Wed, 17 Aug 2022 00:55:50 +0200
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
S-units algorithm in Pari.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: S-units algorithm in Pari.
- From: Melanka Saroad Wedige <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 04:25:27 +0530
- Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 00:55:50 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=umd.edu; s=google; h=to:subject:message-id:date:from:mime-version:from:to:cc; bh=+/bcQNYxW1zW3r3RyXppRL2Mz1RM4W4DP8b+EXOdegc=; b=izznu0KrJCVg0o7KD4BsrSBqU3ivFO19ix/QlU2v98I5oBlU47oI6N/BTuPCLkE5qy 37PVpjmeweMs6h6HA0V6gWNCMwssuJYpnZ1aarTeZpONWt/jt+Jr8LjobZYnaEg705Tz 4dGYOgUTHO4oEcbF4tlLx6+Rgqljs4TuG9esRe7krHm0RLJ2FtfNKhT/AeekyWltYlJt dwXNRNFfa7g3HUkCe3NdAosALTbeLHhq+D3BDqwBQn0DyQ/9DFf6ZtZ4WCI7h9nkzlGL HER+O85NCmz8SEgi8fVRKIgYswZ8e4X8u/SBmRCHbrX+td8MBSZuLgUo6y36WklAltQu 2Xxw==
I am doing some experiments on S-units for a given set S of primes in an imaginary quadratic extension. I am using the bnfsunit function in Pari/Gp to find a basis for the S-units. For my experiments, it is important to understand the recipe for generating that certain basis (output by
bnfsunit), and under what criteria the basis elements are ordered. So I am interested in finding out the S-unit algorithm implemented in Pari. May I know what algorithm is implemented in it? Any reference to it?
Also, is there any other algorithm that specifically addresses this problem for (imaginary) quadratic extensions? If yes, is it implemented in Pari?