Ruud H.G. van Tol on Thu, 23 Dec 2021 10:39:47 +0100

Use gp-runtime as a filter

I'm very used to using CL-tools as filter,
reading from stdin and writing to stdout.

Is that easy to achieve with the current gp?

I didn't find details about it.

Would also be nice if there was a minimal "gpf" variant,
that only pre-loads/pre-processes what is requested,
so a script can start with
  #!/usr/local/bin/gpf
and by default reads lines from stdin,
and prints to stdout.

#!/usr/local/bin/gp
as the start line in an executable text file,
just works, but I got into trouble
when I started gp with output piped to less.

Am also still looking for a pager.
In for example the MySQL client, I generally do
\P less -inSX
as my first command,
whenever I use it interactively.
(never bothered to set that up in the environment)

Will now check what readline offers in that area.

-- Greetings, Ruud

xargs, and then run 40 gpf's, side by side,
would then also be a nice test ...
(even better if they can share read-only memory)