Philippe de Rochambeau on Thu, 18 Nov 2021 21:05:24 +0100

Re: GP runs on iOS

Hi Charles,
here are a few:
- turn the iSh Disable Screen Dimming Setting on
- install git (apt get git)
- install gcc
- clone the GP Git Project one the iSh Command line
- ./Configure
- make install
- let the compiler run for about 48 hours (don't forget to let the iPad’s power cord plugged in overnight)
- you might also want to enable iCloud access from iSh in case you’d like to share code with your MacOS version of GP
Best regards,
Philippe

PS this is off-topic, but I have also managed to install the following compilers/interpreters on iSh:

- EclipseClp (constraint-programming Prolog). Cf. http://eclipseclp.org/
- TXR (Common Lisp). https://www.nongnu.org/txr/
- D Compiler (C++-like language). https://dlang.org/download.html
- Mercury. https://mercurylang.org/ (Prolog)