Justin C. Walker on Thu, 31 Dec 2020 07:51:20 +0100

Re: How to test a build?

> On Dec 30, 2020, at 17:39 , Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm building the pari-2.13.0 from the release tarball. The build seems
> to go OK, but both 'make check' and 'make test' fails:
>
>    pari-2.13.0$ make test
>    make: *** No rule to make target 'test'.  Stop.
>    pari-2.13.0$ make check
>    make: *** No rule to make target 'check'.  Stop.
>
> I checked the FAQ but I don't see a discussion of testing the build.
> Cf., https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/faq.html#install.
>
> Forgive my ignorance... How do I test the build?

In the root of the pari installation directory is a directory “doc”.  Change to that, and run “tex INSTALL”, which will produce “INSTALL.dvi”.  Open that, and it will explain how to test.  The first one, to get you started, is “make bench”.  Other testing is described in the doc.

HTH

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker