Denis Simon on Wed, 09 Dec 2020 14:30:37 +0100

muldep

Dear pari users,

I would like to write a GP code for the following question, but if someone already has a code, it would be very helpful:

given a vector X = [x1,...,xn] of nonzero rational numbers ("t_FRAC")
compute a Z-basis of the set of vectorvs e = [e1,...,en]~ of integers ("t_INT")
such that x1^e1 * ... * xn^en = 1.
Following the general taxonomy in GP, this function could be named "muldep()".

For efficiency reasons, I would be happy with a function that performs no factorization.

More generally, I need a function "nfmuldep()" that does the same work when X = [x1,...,xn]
contains nonzero elements of a given number field nf.

Thanks in advance,
Denis SIMON.