Michael Hortmann on Fri, 02 Oct 2020 15:48:28 +0200

algorithm used in "quadunit"

"quadunit" provides a very efficient way to solve the Pell equation, much faster than any pari-implementations I know that use continued fractions.

Of course I could now try to analyze the Pari sources, but maybe you know a link to a high level description of the algorithm used in quadunit?

(Similar questions could be asked about the algorithms used in other Pari functions: I didn't see any such documentation on the Pari website. Maybe I didn't dig deep enough, or just overlooked it?)

Regards, Michael