Michael Hortmann on Thu, 28 May 2020 13:41:20 +0200
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: CONSTRUCTING ELLIPTIC CURVES OF PRESCRIBED ORDER
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: CONSTRUCTING ELLIPTIC CURVES OF PRESCRIBED ORDER
- From: Michael Hortmann <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 13:41:04 +0200
- Delivery-date: Thu, 28 May 2020 13:41:20 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=719i8CctP7AaeD4AjJfeyjeY0p+6Z/nY05q/nrBcCPM=; b=NiuZqmGsXOgC14WhXQv+0g/X3vn+L4uvGl8x29RK5CqL5rD4wBRuMlF0evaBKm7SKa o3tE6CbWT79KUU3J2L0JpESb4j0ASaSeN0tyRXCNEEnX1L4hWK3jMhfw/2fq2zSAi5jQ bmCGWL6P7d2AOluf2+JXan6ly+QjQBHlfcsuU3LOxqSaDKbJ4TtpS7L6eQ45GyNAGRyD 1N1x4DSMMBPEE70it5o8iW8MKLZcO9EQatpKALJd8iMEHM8rPwWC2dzJn6MUIWeSGcPj D2IVcqXDA1B30i70w4GE9u4eEdvuULIbmHxilVdyMF5+bH0KQ4gwXUqoCnXXLKLODsY0 mWoA==
- In-reply-to: <20200528111557.GF28304@yellowpig>
- References: <CAPH06gfP2nsYsMXOk3qZRU20FM_QCAf0dq2M7-QJLdVByrWPJA@mail.gmail.com> <20200528111557.GF28304@yellowpig>
Other people have worked on the same topic, but I haven't seen a similarly powerful algorithm; it should work for "rather large" :-) numbers. An implementation would really be useful. If I had to do it it would take me at least a month. But somebody may have done it already.
I have written to Peter Stevenhagen, no answer yet.
Reinier Bröker seems to have disappeared.
So I thought of putting the question on your mailing list.
On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 09:21:02AM +0200, Michael Hortmann wrote:
> There is an algorithm by Bröker/Stevenhagen for constructing elliptic
> curves of prescribed order. Has anybody seen an implementation for Pari/gp?
> (Or another computer algebra system)?
Could you give a reference to the algorithm ?
Is it based on complex-multiplication theory ?