Bill Allombert on Wed, 08 Apr 2020 10:37:29 +0200

Re: prodeulerrat

On Wed, Apr 08, 2020 at 09:13:58AM +0100, John Cremona wrote:
> I'm using the prodeulerrat() function to compute a value which will be
> published, so I want to give proper credit.  Of course I will credit
> pari/gp itself using the guidelines at
> http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/faq.html#quote (and by the way, I think
> it would be a good idea to have a direct link to that very clearly
> visible on the home page).
>
> I cannot see any specific credit for that function either in the users
> manual or in the code, neither a person's name or a reference to any
> literature.  I know that in Henri's Number Theory vol II there's a
> method described on pages 208-210 (I may be working at home but I do
> have a few essential books with me) and that refers to his
> unpublished/unfinished notes hardylw.dvi, which I also have.   There
> is also a 2000 paper by Moree with an appendix by Niklasch at
> https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s002290050222  .

Dear John,

The function was written by Henri Cohen:
CHANGES-2.10:
HC   25- new GP functions prodeulerrat, sumeulerrat, sumnumrat, prodnumrat

before being added to PARI, it was available as GP script by Henri:
https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/Scripts/cohen.gp

Cheers,
Bill