Jeroen Demeyer on Mon, 19 Nov 2018 12:57:30 +0100

Re: pari_jupyter

On 2018-11-19 09:21, Emanuel Scheidegger wrote:
I get the following error when typing 1+1 in the jupyter notebook for pari

***   bug in PARI/GP (Segmentation Fault), please report.

I use the version 2.11.0 on Mac OS X High Sierra. When starting gp from
the Terminal, PARI works fine. I didn't get this error in the jupyter
notebook with the version 2.9.3 that I had previously installed.
Unfortunately, I have removed this old version. I have removed and
reinstalled both pari_jupyter and pari, but the error remained. Do you
have an idea what the cause could be ?

It's a bit difficult to say without knowing exactly what you did. Are you compiling from source or using a binary? If building from source, which commands did you use? I think it's a build issue of some sort, like linking against the wrong version of PARI. I would try the following:

(1) Remove *all* installations of pari and pari_jupyter from your system. You may (accidentally) have more than 1 installation and that might cause problems.

(2) Install PARI

(3) Install pari_jupyter