Yuri on Sat, 27 May 2017 15:11:51 +0200

Re: PARI/GP installation without X server

On 05/27/2017 04:04, Remigiusz Suwalski wrote:
Is there some clever way to install pari-gp from official Debian packages without X support? I need to get the calculator running on a remote server with limited free space and therefore I don't want the libxc* libraries (simple "apt install pari-gp" query tells me that after the operation, 495 MB of additional disk space will be used).

configure script in pari accepts the argument --graphic=none for no X11, and --graphic=X11 for X11 support.

Since Debian packages don't support package options, the way to have pari/GP without x11 is to have a different package where x11 is turned off.

On FreeBSD, where package options are supported, pari package has the port option X11 that does exactly what you ask.

Yuri