Kevin Ryde on Fri, 07 Apr 2017 10:10:33 +0200

Re: writing a "module" in pari-gp

Kevin Buzzard <kevin.m.buzzard@gmail.com> writes:

> ... so I would
> ideally like to remember the values of computations if they have been
> done already.  This is an independent question but is this sort of
> thing possible or easy nowadays?

I made a generic memoize for user functions.  I mainly use it for
naively written recursions.

  http://user42.tuxfamily.org/pari-memoize/index.html

Caching is only within the gp session.  It does the same sort of Map()
which Bill said, but it's handy to chuck foo=memoize(foo) on existing
funcs when you find them going a bit slow.