Sec Munic on Wed, 15 Feb 2017 14:53:35 +0100

Re: Can use PariGp to generate fractals over the real line?

> I cannot figure what would happen when -1<n<0  (the dimension is negative),
> so I want to see what the algorithm does.

Let k = (b-b^n) the number of parts you delete, then n = log(b-k)/log(b)
if n<0 then this implies that b and k cannot be both integers.
(the logarithm of a positie integers is positive)

So how do you delete a fractional part ?

Wow. Thanks for the code. I didn't knew that PariGP  was capable of drawing. That's amazing (I was thinking of a text result, but this is better).

I didn't analyzed the code, , but I want to answer the quoted question.

I will check dimension 1/2 and b=2 for debugging. It generates something closely related to Moser de Bruijn sequence (OEIS A000695) and can be made by 4 parts, where the 2 "higher" parts are discarded. (I have difficulty with English, I hope it is understandable). The point is that it requires integer number of pieces.

Then I will check dimension -1/2 to see what it does, because I expect it also to require only integer segmentation.