Charles Greathouse on Mon, 07 Nov 2016 00:59:42 +0100

[no subject]

I'm trying to determine if Diphantine equations of the form 2x^2 = Ay^2 + By have any solutions, where A and B are constant. Can I do this with gp?

I remmeber Max Alekseyev asked about general quadratic Diophantine equations some years ago but I don't know if there are scripts or other resources for this. If the equation was of the form Ax^2 + Bxy + Cy^2 = D I could use bnfisintnorm or qfbsolve (or Denis Simon's script), but I don't know of a way to do more general equations.

Charles Greathouse
Case Western Reserve University