Andrew Walker on Thu, 17 Mar 2016 07:53:13 +0100

Re: qPochhammer symbol and indefinite products in general

> Is there a way to implement the qPochhammer symbol in Pari/GP for
> arbitrary variables (i.e. an “indefinite product”, with variables in
> the ending number you multiply up to?)?  How would I implement such a
> symbol?  A function returning a function?  Any suggestions would help
> since I’m starting out.

Ernest, I'm not sure if this is what you are after but Fredrik Johansson seems
to have been working on something similar for mpmath:

http://fredrikj.net/blog/2010/03/hypergeneralization/

scroll down the page. He might be able to assist?

Andrew