Richard Robinson on Sun, 06 Dec 2015 07:54:26 +0100

time function inside loop

hi-

This is a really simple question.

Is it possible to get the time function to work inside of a loop?

I can get it to work outside of one but I just get various syntax errors when I try it inside.

for (i=6,887, \
tot= 23 * 76 * 76 * 654 * 6543 + i; \
#
);
#
quit

I would like to print the time taken on each iteration of my loop.

When I run it I get syntax error, unexpected $end and it points to the '#'.

I have tried adding a semi-colon and a backslash but the I get unexpected semicolon.

The one outside the loop seems to work.

I must be missing some small bit of syntax.

version 2.6.1 on Windows 7.

thanks,
Richard
--