Bill Allombert on Tue, 06 Jan 2015 23:10:54 +0100

Re: Problems in 'make bench' under Cygwin/64 with testing elliptic

On Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 12:57:19PM -0500, Charles Greathouse wrote:
> I imagine the 64-bit version is a good bit faster than the 32-bit version
> for most purposes? (The Linux 64-bit version is much faster than the
> Windows 32-bit version on similar machines in my experience.)

I did not have time to make much tests, but yes it is faster.
I compared cygwin64 with mingw32.
factor(2^256+1) is about twice faster.
make test-rnfkummer is only 20% faster.

I would certainly be interested by time comparaison between
cygwin64/cygwin32 and cygwin32/mingw32.

Also I would be interested to know whether Configure --mt=thread
works on cygwin and what are the performances.