Bill Allombert on Wed, 01 May 2013 21:02:48 +0200

Re: Recovering partial factorizations when using trap() and alarm() to abort factorint()

On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 05:35:59PM +0100, Richard in Reading wrote:
> Thanks to Max Alekseyev I understand how to use alarm to abort a hung
> factorint() on systems which support alarm().
> Runing on windows, alarm(1) gives
> "alarm: sorry, 'alarm' not available on this system."
> I suppose there's no way of getting alarm to work on a windows box?

The POSIX C function alarm is not available under windows.
Now, of course, it should be possible to implement it using the windows API,
but that does not seems to be easy, given the way signals work.