Mathieu Carbou on Sun, 04 Nov 2012 22:21:00 +0100

sseraching in dynamic list

Hello,

I have a case where I need to put key-value items in a dynamic sorted
list and then search into:

l=List()
listput([2,4])
listput([1,7])
listput([0,3])
listsort(l)
setsearch(l, ...)

The issue is that only vecsearch takes a cmpf function, not setsearch.

Is it possible to add it, or to indicate me a better way to do this  ?

Actually I'd like to simulate a HashMap, where the key is unique and the
value can be anything. In my case, the sorting is not necessary, but
since PARI has no Map, I think I need to use the sort feature of lists
to be able to search back in them.

Thank you.

--

Mathieu Carbou