Jeremy Porter on Thu, 28 Jun 2012 17:12:10 +0200

Re: Elliptic curves over GF(p)?

On 12-06-28 11:44 AM, Alasdair McAndrew wrote:
> Thanks for that.  I'm still having difficulties, though, trying to
> work out from the manual actually how to initialize an elliptic curve
> using libpari.  Are there any examples somewhere?
>
> Thanks again,
> Alasdair

I've also found the EC-related library functions to be "sparsely"
documented, but there is a fair chunk of code out there if you look in
the right places. Consider:

http://www.google.com/search?q=pari+initell+filetype:c

for some examples on the "initell" libpari function as a starting point.
Assuming you already have a 'GEN' vector called 'V' that contains your
ellipse vector, I believe

GEN E = initell(V, DEFAULTPREC);

should give you a PARI ellipse that you can then use in apell(E, p), for
instance.

Cheers,
 - Jeremy