Bill Allombert on Tue, 13 Dec 2011 17:25:34 +0100

Re: PARI/Gp and Mac os x

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 11:17:01AM +0100, Bernard Fischel wrote:
> Hi
>
> Few weeks ago I tried to install GP under Mac Os X Lion.
>
> The results are several error messages and my knowledge about Operating
> systems like Unix, Linux or BSD is really too small to try any correction
> procedure.
>
> Does anybody know a "simple" procedure, in order to install GP under Mac Os
> X, that a "débutante" can use?

I forgot to mention it but there is a known work-around which unfortunately
impact performance quite a bit:

Instead of 'make gp' do:

make clean;
make "CFLAGS=-O0 -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -fomit-frame-pointer" 'KERNELCFLAGS=' gp

You can also try:
make clean;
make 'KERNELCFLAGS=-O0' gp
but I did not test it.