Charles Greathouse on Fri, 19 Nov 2010 23:00:34 +0100

Re: Member function change in 2.4.x?

First, I have to echo John Kemeny: great job with 2.4!  I very much
enjoy 2.4.3: native functions as closures, setsearch() working on
vectors (YES!), faster basic operations and ispower(), etc.  (Perhaps
the best part of these yearslong changes are the library improvements,
but GP-only users won't care about those.)

I would like for Windows users to be able to run it as well.  Is there
anything I can do to help?  I don't know much about cygwin/mingw but I
do have access to a Windows box and I'd be happy to at least take a
look.  What needs to be done to build the dailies as you're doing now?
 What needs to be done to add in the missing features: readline,
high-resolutions plots, etc.

On a not-unrelated note, is there a list of the parts of Pari that
have not yet been ported to Windows?  I noticed that alarm doesn't
work; I'm not sure what the 'right' way to do this in Windows is.  But
are there others?

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University