Daniel Allcock on Sat, 05 Jun 2010 21:03:31 +0200

C++ new and delete like malloc and free?

Hi all,

I'll probably be spamming the list for a little while since I'm working on a project,
so thanks for your patience.

I'm developing a program in C++ that uses libpari.  I know that pari has wrappers around
malloc and free, namely pari_malloc and pari_free, and that using them protects against stack corruption problems
in the presence of a SIGINT.

The docs say pari is C++ compatible, and
there is no mention of analogous problems for operators new and delete in C++.
Is the same issue present?  If so, what do I do to address it?  Just trying to be careful.

thanks,
Daniel