Karim Belabas on Wed, 25 Nov 2009 14:41:02 +0100

Re: Removing primes

* Bill Allombert [2009-11-24 23:46]:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:01:43PM +0100, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
> > Hello pari-users,
> >
> > In ?removeprimes it is written that the given vector should have at most
> > 100 components.  What is the reason for this?  In any case, it seems to
> > work even with more than 100 primes.
>
> I supose this is a left over of a previous implementation of addprimes.
> There is no such limitations currently.

Correct, I just fixed the Help string in svn. The authoritative help is
the extended one, i.e. the output of ??, which is also found in the
printed manual. The short help '?' *may* lag behind and correspond to
older, possibly obsolete, versions.

Bill created the function database in 2003; since then, the short and
extended help are in the same place in the sources, and updated together.
At the time the database was created, we fixed or updated a large number
of the Help texts, but never could spare the time to actually go through
every single function one by one and check the short help message.

Please go on reporting any weird discrepancies like this one !

Cheers,

    K.B.
--
Karim Belabas, IMB (UMR 5251)  Tel: (+33) (0)5 40 00 26 17
Universite Bordeaux 1          Fax: (+33) (0)5 40 00 69 50