Jeroen Demeyer on Thu, 31 May 2007 15:58:51 +0200

Re: libpari and static linking

Prof. J. E. Cremona wrote:
From my limited knowledge of these things it parses the line in order
and when it reaches a library flag like -lpari it only looks in that
library for symbols it already knows that it needs, i.e. from .o files
it has seen already.  So if you use a pari function in foo.o then you
need to put -lpari after foo.o on the command line.

Thanks for the answer.
Does anyone know a good tutorial/guide to linking and libraries? Because that is really one part of C/C++ programming which remains very obscure to me.