Justin C. Walker on Wed, 28 Mar 2007 04:58:23 +0200

Re: My first post and question

On Mar 27, 2007, at 16:31 , Hoyt A. Stearns Jr. wrote:

Hi,

I just received the new book "Calculate Primes" by James McCanney ( CalculatePrimes.com ).

If you're up for spending more money, I have a bridge I'm willing to part with (near the East River) :-}.

I'm interested in your opinions about his simple algorithm, and of course, if it will be implemented as part of factorint()?

The presentation makes the whole operation seem kind of sleazy, at least to me. The implication is that the guy wants money for the algorithm, which kind of puts it out of range for Open Source projects.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-at-Large
() The ASCII Ribbon Campaign