Bill Allombert on Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:13:08 +0100

Re: subst

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 03:42:23PM +0100, Markus Endres wrote:
> The thing I want to do is the following: I compute a special polynomial
> for a class field with my function called ClassField(...).
>
> At the moment the polynomial is initialized in x, but sometimes I want
> it in y or z. So I want to specify the variable if I call the function,
> i.e. like ClassField(....,y) to get the polyonmial in y.

I think the best solution is to make sure the modulus has very low
priority.

You can start with
x;y;z;t;
and then  use t as the modulus variabe.

The library provide more ways to handle variable priority than GP
it seems.

You can compare variable with GP by using variable(x+y)==x