Karim BELABAS on Sat, 1 Jun 2002 18:15:13 +0200 (MEST)

Re: Patch for Configure to link GNU readline under cygwin

On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, HILANO Teluhiko wrote:
> The current version of Cygwin includes the readline library
> but could not be linked pari-gp with. So, I recommend to install original
> GNU readline library
> when you want to link it. Here is a patch to Configure script.
> (I checked this patch for GNU readline 4.2 and latest pari version(CVS))
>
> 408c408,409
> <       cygtop=/
> ---
> >       cygtop=
> >         GP_READLINE=/usr/local/include

What exactly goes wrong with the installed library ? I just checked Cygwin
package list and, assuming your Cygwin setup includes the 'readline' package,
I don't see what could prevent compiling the gp binary (or linking
libreadline.a to it).

I'd rather document precisely the problem and try to solve it in an automated
way.

Thanks,

    Karim.

P.S: Sorry about the delay, I just noticed your post [had a lot of problems
with my email setup lately]
--
Karim Belabas                    Tel: (+33) (0)1 69 15 57 48
Dép. de Mathematiques, Bat. 425  Fax: (+33) (0)1 69 15 60 19