Bruno Rothgiesser on Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:23:51 -0300

Re: Pari and GNUPlot

David,

Last week I needed to enable the "plot to file" feature and I had to
reinstall Pari with the gnuplot interface.

Try it:
(This is what I did. Tell me if you need details... I could take a look in
my .bash_history)

1) Install the gd library. This will allow gnuplot to generate gif files.
You can get it in:
ftp://ftp.cise.ufl.edu/pub/depot/archive-pkg/Graphics/gd-1.3.tar.gz

2) Create a directory "gnuplot" inside pari source dir.

2) Copy gnuplot source files to the "gnuplot" dir.

3) Configure gnuplot with the "--with-gif" flag and then compile it. You
will have to link the gd library.

4) In the gnuplot dir, type "ar cr libgnuplot.a version.o util.o term.o
bitmap.o stdfn.o"

5) Copy libgnuplot.a to /usr/lib

7) Add "-libgnuplot" to the PLOTLIBS variable in the file
"Olinux686/Makefile"

6) If you have installed pari before, type "make clean", Maybe it's not
necessary, i don't know.

7) Type "./Configure--graphic=gnuplot" and then "make gp".

8) Type "make install"

I hope it works.

Bruno