Karim.Belabas on Mon, 7 May 2001 15:19:10 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: Windows CE version.

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Lopez de la Fuente, Jose Manrique wrote:
> I would like to know some things:
> -Is there any GP-Pari PocketPC version? I've seen there is a WinCE 2.11
> version for Strong ARM processors.

Assuming you own a compiler for your machine (or have temporary access to
one), the WinCE code should be "relatively easy" to compile (the problematic
part being to tell the compiler what you want him to do).

I have no access to such devices, so can only offer generic or second hand
advice. The StrongARM binary was contributed (in particular, I am not able to
update the 2.0.17 binary to more recent versions).

> -Prof. B.Parisse is working in a C++ CAS, could be posible mixing it and
> GP-Pari.. I thought MuPAD was something similar, and the people from Mupad
> told me that only a 3% of it was GP-Pari based.

Why merge tools that behave well independently ? PARI is free software and
the relevant parts (or whole) of it can be integrated in projects with
compatible licences (e.g GPL).

Cheers,

    Karim.

--