Walter Neumann on Thu, 3 Aug 2000 02:51:44 -0400 (EDT)

pari.el

I have been using gp compiled with cygwin tools on a PC with pari.el under
NTemacs for some time. It all worked fine.

However, after upgrading to the latest cygwin it no longer works. I get a
message: "spawning child process: invalid argument" when I try "M-x gp"

I can run a bash shell in emacs and run gp in that manually (which is
better than nothing), however the gp prompt is invisible when I do that!

Anyone got any ideas?

Also pari.el fails for me with xemacs:

xemacs doesn't like the line in pari.el:
  (set-buffer "*Messages*")
unless the buffer *Messages* already exists;
it also does not know the key C-kp-subtract;

After fixing these two so pari.el loads, "M-X gp" gives the message
"Wrong type argument: sequencep, 80"

---

My pari/gp is 20.0.20 (beta) on an
i586 running cygwin_98-4.10 (ix86 kernel) 32-bit version
      (readline disabled, extended help available)

--walter neumann