Karim BELABAS on Sat, 22 May 1999 17:36:36 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: 2.0.15: Problems

[Ilya: pari-dev-536]
> Graphing tests assume that the size of the plotting device is 1000 or
> more.  This is false with gnuplot graphic on X-less system (such as the
> telnet session).  The following patch fixes it:
>
> We subtract 11 to compensate for plotdraw([0,10,10]) later in the tests.
> The policy in absense of shifts should be subtracting 1.  It
> would be nice if it were documented too.

[including plothsizes in src/test/in/graph among other places]

This safety measure is not needed in that file (no plotdraw there, we only
write to the virtual window or to pari.ps), and breaks the "graph" bench,
e.g if no connection can be made to an X server. No need for a formal
patch, just disregard what make bench tells you about "graph" if it looks
related to this problem (or to extra spacing around the plothsizes command)

  Karim.
__
Karim Belabas                    email: Karim.Belabas@math.u-psud.fr
Dep. de Mathematiques, Bat. 425
Universite Paris-Sud             Tel: (00 33) 1 69 15 57 48
F-91405 Orsay (France)           Fax: (00 33) 1 69 15 60 19
--
PARI/GP Home Page: http://hasse.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/ntsw/pari/