Bill Daly on Thu, 06 May 1999 10:47:31 -0400

Divide by zero

I had a divide-by-zero bug in GP which PARI didn't report as an error.
Out of curiosity, I typed the expression (3-3)/(2-2) on the GP command
line, and PARI reported to answer as 0, rather than signalling a
divide-by-zero error. This looks like a bit of excessive optimization.

Regards,

Bill
they are addressed.