Gerhard Niklasch on Thu, 7 May 1998 18:31:59 +0200

Re: pari-2.0.8 update.

>   here's yet an other update (still Alpha)
>
>     ftp://megrez.math.u-bordeaux.fr/pub/pari/unix/pari.tar.gz

And it is mirrored at
ftp://hasse.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/pub/pari/pari-2.0.8.alpha.tar.gz
(`unix/' after `pari/' is optional, as is `-2.0.8.alpha').

The web page is to follow soon;  I'm in the middle of changing the
banner layout of ALL pages on the Hasse website, and there are a
few hundred of them.

Not yet on megrez, but available on Hasse if you can't pick it up
from a GNU/bash mirror site closer to you, is GNU readline-2.2.
If you're upgrading your PARI, consider upgrading your readline
library, too, while you're at it.

> Since I'd like to have a stable release ready by that time, I'm freezing all
> changes. The next update, scheduled early next month, will be bug-fixes only
> and WILL be a Beta (famous last words).

Hey, I found a buglet!  Do I get a cookie? ;^)
> HC 14- lllgram: incorrect gabage collecting in first "warnmem".
                            ^^^^^^
(Probably not, because I _could_ have found it before this release. :^(
Murphy strikes again...)

Enjoy, Gerhard