Bill Allombert on Wed, 03 Aug 2022 16:49:37 +0200

Re: Build failure on MIPS R6 (Patch attached)

On Wed, Aug 03, 2022 at 10:37:53AM +0100, Jiaxun Yang wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Pari build is failing on MIPS Release 6 system because it’s using MULTU instruction which is removed on MIPS R6.
>
> We should use MUHU/MULU pair instead.
>
> Patch attached for fix.

Thanks for your patch. Do you know on which hardware MIPS R6 run ?

Since this is an incompatible ABI, maybe we need to consider them as new kernels

src/kernel/mips64r6
src/kernel/mips32r6

and change config/get_kernel to pick the right one.

Anyway for the time being your patch should suffice.

Cheers,
Bill