Bill Allombert on Tue, 26 Jan 2016 10:23:24 +0100

bnfinit of a degree 114 polynomial

Dear PARI developers,

I finally managed to compute the bnfinit of polsubcyclo(229,114)
which defines the field Q(zeta_229)^+ of degree 114.

The class number is 3.

Hoever I had to cheat by giving it the unit group (which is known thanks
to cyclotomic field theory).

By itself, bnfinit only found the norm of the cyclotomic units,
so find a tentative regulator equal to 3*2^113 time the true regulator.

I also found that setting BMULT to 2 speed up the computation a lot.