Bill Allombert on Thu, 16 Jul 2015 10:35:49 +0200

Re: Support of binary and hexadecimal integers in PARI/GP

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 01:53:50AM +0300, Vasili Burdo wrote:
> >Even so, this is still worthwhile to do.
> Ok. Will deliver tomorrow.

Do not trouble yourself, I did it already, see GIT branch
bill-binary-hex.

> >I assume your patch was created to apply to PARI 2.7.4 ?
> No, it's for master - i.e. trunk.
> I'm new to git - work mostly w/ perforce and svn

Your patch only applied to PARI 2.7.4 though, I had to forward port it.

> >Your patch changes the result of strtoi
> Hm, could you point me to the test which fails?
>
> >? strtoi("0b111")
> >%1 = 7
> >instead of 0.
> Hm, silent failure in basecase and something useful w/ my changes.
> Looks like my change is better :)

Well, this is not a silent failure (it stop reading at the first non digit
character), but it happens it was not documented, so it is probably OK, though
the documentation of strtoi need to be updated.

Cheers
Bill.