Jeroen Demeyer on Tue, 20 Jan 2015 22:43:10 +0100

Re: Stack size bugs and parisizemax

On 2015-01-20 21:23, Loïc Grenié wrote:
      I've long thought about a way to rate-limit GC: if we GC more than
   1000 times/s then either warn or increase stack size.

If the code in question has two nested loops, then my proposal does essentially that: if we can increase the stack, allow at most one GC in every outer loop iteration. This way, we only go into "desperation mode" (lots of GC's) if parisize == parisizemax.