Bill Allombert on Thu, 14 Mar 2013 18:23:54 +0100

Re: Building PARI/GP on Debian sparc

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 05:43:42PM +0100, Jean-Pierre Flori wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I tried to build PARI 2.5.3 on a ultrasparc computer running Debian
> (64 bit kernel, trying to build everything 32 bits, not sure it would
> have any influence on the following) and had to find workarounds for
> the following problems:
> * got a bunch of "Error: Hardware capability "mul32" not enabled for
> "umul"." and similar errors, apprently you have to give more clues to
> the assembler, for instance setting CFLAGS="-mcpu=v9" solves this,

Yes, Debian default ABI is 'supersparc' but your system advertises itself
as a ultrasparc so PARI try to use the microsparc ABI.

> * option "-mimpure-text" is passed if the arch is sparc* but that's
> only supported by a GCC targetting Solaris, so I modified the right
> file in the config dir.
>
> I did not check with the 2.6 branch but assumed that nothing changed
> for such unusual systems.
> Excuse me if this was taken care of already and thanks again for the
> great software.

The multiarch issue was solved in 2.6.

The last Debian sparc build is:
<https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=pari&arch=sparc&ver=2.5.1-2&stamp=1338810814>