Andreas Enge on Wed, 15 Feb 2012 11:12:38 +0100

Re: breakpoint

Hi Bill,

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 12:20:16AM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> We have discussed the implementation of a breakpoint in GP.
> In its simplest form the implementation is as follow:
> void pari_breakpoint(void) { cb_pari_sigint(); }
> and the relevant file in src/functions/programming.
>
> You insert a call to breakpoint() somewhere in your GP program, and when reached,
> this simulate a SIGINT (control-C) which cause GP to enter the breakloop and
> allow you to inspect the state of the program, and allow you to quit the breakloop
> and continue to run the program.

this sounds good; however, if pari_breakpoint is simply a call to cb_pari_sigint,
the latter function already does the job, or am I missing something? Then it would
only be a matter of exporting it to gp under the name of breakpoint.

> Maybe we should allow:
> breakpoint(x): only stop if x is true.
> but this is not much nicer than if(x,breakpoint()).

Agreed, the latter seems enough.

Andreas