Jason Moxham on Sat, 10 Oct 2009 18:25:26 +0200

Re: win32 graphics

On Friday 09 October 2009 15:53:22 Bill Allombert wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 01:30:26AM +0100, Jason Moxham wrote:
> > It's just the file language/eval.c , compiling just that with no
> > optimizations fixes the ffison and nffactor test program errors.
> > So test program status of MSVC32 is now the same as CYGWIN32STATIC, I
> > havent tested the Pari optional packages and I've not done a dynamic MSVC
> > pari (no graphics in MSVC version either).
>
> Hello Jason,
>
> I just remembered about that post to pari-dev:
> <http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/archives/pari-dev-0901/msg00005.html>
> which provides a patch that implement native plotting support.
> Maybe that could be useful to you.
>
> Cheers,
> Bill.

Hi

Thanks , hopefully before the end of the year I will get time to finish it all
off. I've have added msvc "assembler" intrinsics and some timing routines so we
can get a benchmark for pari with win32 , all the code for this is available
here

http://code.google.com/p/sage-
windows/source/browse/packages/branches/#branches/pari-svn

which I'm hoping when you get time you will merge into the current svn .

here is the todo list

1)Pari is broken on Mingw32
  2)We only build gp.exe , should build and test the libpari as well
  3)Not tested the optional Pari modules
  4)We dont build the ploth tests
  5)test "program" fails  , same for cygwin
  6)If MSVC has 128bit types then we can add further intrinsics , same for
  GCC(which does have them)
  8)MSVC can't compile one file at full optimisation

There was a couple of other bugs I was looking at :( , where does the time go?

Thanks
Jason