Bill Allombert on Sun, 04 Oct 2009 01:28:28 +0200

Re: TRY/CATCH is unnecessarily slow on OS X

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 06:24:04PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 08:32:28AM +0200, Lorenz Minder wrote:
> > > err_catch only purpose is to implement the current stacked exceptions
> > > system which I find wholly inedequate and hope to replace.
> > >
> > > Furthermore, TRY/CATCH is not documented currently,
> >
> > While this is correct, no other error handling mechanism was documented
> > either.  Yet, any nontrivial program needs to handle errors.
>
> This is unfortunately true. I see that even the global PARI error handler
> mechanism is not documented.

Something that would improve a lot the PARI interface would be someone
would implement a toy GP-like program (that would read input line and display
the result, deal with error correctly, etc.) that would follow the
_documented_ PARI interface. This would be distributed as an example of PARI
program. This way interface problems would stand out.